Connecting our communities with opportunities to achieve economic prosperity.
Rio Grande Credit Union has partnered with Prosperity Works to provide new savings opportunities for children and families who have experienced economic challenges. Our Prosperity KidsSM account is designed for families participating in Prosperity Works’ financial literacy program. The Prosperity KidsSM account, an individual development savings account, allows families to help prepare their children for a financially secure future, but also helps parents establish an emergency fund.
Prosperity Kids combines matched Child Savings Accounts with personal, social and financial support for the entire family. Parental education, incentives and a multi-year commitment makes the Prosperity Kids program unique among other CSAs.
How Prosperity Kids works
- Add as much money to your account as you can.
- Throughout the year, Prosperity Works will match the money - up to $200 each year
- When your child turns 18 years old, they can use the money for educational costs
- Or, they can use it for other life goals when they turn 23.
Just like your child, we can help you save and manage your money, too. We have several special accounts that match your life. You can even open an emergency savings account so you can prepare for your unknown future events as your child prepares for college.
What you need to get started
In a couple of steps, you can start saving for your child’s future. We only need a few things to get your account started.
- Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for your child
- Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for the beneficiary on the account. A beneficiary is someone who would receive the money in case your child is unable to do so in the future.
- Our friendly staff will walk you through the simple process to get started.
|Prosperity Kids Savings|
|Effective Date: Wednesday, January 27th, 2021|
|$25.00 and Greater||0.35%||0.35%|
|Account requires $5.00 minimum opening balance. Balance refers to Daily Average Balance. APY is an abbreviation of Annual Percentage Yield. All rates and APY are subject to change without notifice. Certain restrictions apply. Unless paid otherwise, all dividends are compounded monthly.|