iPay means no checks, no stamps, no paper, no worries!
Making and tracking payments has never been easier! With iPay, you can schedule one-time payments, recurring payments, and person-to-person payments! Send gift checks and make donations! You can even pay bills with Alexa!
Pay anyone, anytime with free iPay
Pay your bills the quick and easy way with bill pay from Rio Grande. It’s available online and through our mobile banking app. Here’s why you should use it:
- It is FREE
- Easy to use—You can quickly make mobile or online payments.
- Saves money—Postage and checks can run your costs up.
- Saves time—Take fewer trips to the post office. Set up recurring electronic payments and save even more time.
- Secure—Paying your bills online is safer than sending payments and personal information in the mail.
Get started today! Simply log in to Online Banking or the Mobile App and select Payments from the menu.
Pay your friends & family
With Person-to-Person Payments at Rio Grande, you can easily pay friends and family - even if they don't have an RGCU account. All you need is their email address or cell phone number to set up the transfer.
What is it?
This convenient feature allows you to make person-to-person payments electronically to anyone you choose, such as your child, a friend, a landlord, babysitter or relative.
How does it work?
4 ways to do it. Choose the option that’s best for you.
- Provide the recipient’s email address or mobile phone number and a secure password of your choosing. The recipient then logs in to a secure site using that password and provides the required account information. A payment is deposited electronically from your account into their account.
- Provide the recipient’s bank routing number and deposit account information and a payment is sent electronically.
- Provide the recipient’s mailing address and a paper check will be mailed.
Why it’s so simple
Sending money electronically is faster, more convenient and more secure than sending a check. And even when a paper check is necessary, online bill pay can save you time. That’s because we mail your check directly to the recipient, which saves you a trip to the post office.
How to get started
When you add a payee, simply choose to add an individual rather than a company or business. Send funds via text, email direct deposit, or send them a check.
Send Gift Checks
Choose a check design for the occasion. Add a personalized message. Press send.
With GiftPay, you don’t have to worry about stamps or trips to the post office. Plus, GiftPay gift checks cost less than most greeting cards but still offer a range of colorful designs to suit the occasion and the option for personalization. Just add your recipient, pick your design, write a message and press send. We send the gift check to the recipient. Funds are withdrawn when the check is cashed.
How to send a check
- Log in to Online Banking
- Select the "Bill Pay" tab
- Select the "GiftPay" tab
- Select "Recipient" and enter the information
- Select the occation (holiday, birthday, baby, just because, graduation, wedding, or custom)
- Select from a variety of festive designs for each category
- Write your custom message
- Press "send" and your gift check will arrive in approximately seven days.
Send a charitable donation from your Online Bill Pay account.
Donation checks can be sent in memory or in appreciation of someone you wish to honor. You can also send a personalized email message to notify others of your donation.
Just add the name and address of the charity. For donations, you can enter the charity of your choice or simply select from our broad list of popular charities. We send the donation check to the recipient. Funds are withdrawn when the check is cashed.
Your iPay account has eBill. That means you can receive, view, pay and track your bills online — all in one secure place.
Also, for certain payees, you can see detailed billing information from your payments dashboard. If your payees provide them, you’ll see each line of your statement, including your balance, credits, recent transactions, payment history and amount, the minimum payment due and more.
To get started, just follow the steps below to use eBill with full statement details. Click here for step-by-step instructions ►
How to set up eBill
It only takes a few moments to set up an eBill. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to eBill Connect and select “Set up eBill” under the payee’s name
- Enter your login credentials for the payee’s website
- Review the terms and conditions, then select “Accept and Submit”
How to know when an eBill is due
When you set up eBill, it’s easy to keep track of when your bills are due.
- You will see a “View eBill” notice on your dashboard when your payee has a new eBill
- You can view the balance due amount, the due date and the minimum payment. For certain payees, your whole statement will be provided, including transactions, payment history, credits and more.
How to set up automated recurring eBill payments
When you set up recurring payments, you’ll never worry about missing a payment.
- From the dashboard, select “Make it Recurring” under the “Actions” column
- Select the payment schedule you want
- Select your “Pay from” account, amount, frequency, first payment date and scheduling preferences
- Review and select “Submit”
How to view your eBill history
Once an eBill is paid, you can view it in your “eBill History” for 18 months.
- Select a payee on your payments dashboard
- On the “Payee details” page, select “eBill History”
- Now you can view the details of your past eBills
How to file an eBill
If you pay a bill by cash, check or through your payee’s website, here’s how to remove the “eBill due” notice on your dashboard.
- To file an eBill, select “File eBill” to the right of your payee on your dashboard
- Once it’s filed, the eBill will appear in your eBill History
Alexa is part of iPay QuickPay.
iPay QuickPay is the skill that lets you access your bill pay account on your Alexa-enabled device — all with a simple voice command. You can ask Alexa to make payments, provide your payment history and check your scheduled payments.
You can even make person-to-person payments using iPay QuickPay. Simply add the person as a payee in your bill pay account and then you can tell Alexa who to pay and when.
To use this service, 4 things are needed from you:
- An Alexa device, such as the Amazon Dot
- An Amazon Account
- Alexa App on your Smartphone or Tablet
- Be a current RGCU Bill Pay Subscriber
How to get started in 3 steps
There are a few hoops you have to jump through to set up this feature. But once you're finished, enjoy the convenience!
1. Activate Alexa in Online Banking
- Log in to your bill pay account
- Select the “My account” tab
- Go to the Voice bill pay section and select “Add Alexa”
- Answer the challenge questions
- Create your credentials and submit
2. Link your Bill Pay to the Alexa App
- Open the Alexa App on your mobile device
- Search for the iPay QuickPay skill and choose “Enable to Use”
- Enter the voice bill pay credentials created within iPay
- Create a 4-digit PIN that you will remember — this PIN will be requested every time you launch iPay QuickPay
- Select “I agree, Link Account”
3. Now, you're ready to make a payment
- Say, “Alexa, start iPay QuickPay”
- When prompted, provide your 4-digit PIN
- Tell Alexa the company or person you’d like to pay, the amount of the payment and the payment date
- Alexa will confirm your payment has been scheduled
For a visual walkthrough, please click here ►
Q: What are "online payments?"
A: It is a a service that allows you to pay virtually anyone or any company through your Online Banking account. You determine who you want to pay, when you want to make the payment and which account you want the payment to come from. It's safe, secure and easy to use.
Q: Who can I pay?
A: You can pay virtually any business or individual with a mailing address within the United States and Puerto Rico. For example, you can pay utilities, cable bills or credit cards, or individuals such as a landlord, babysitter or relative.
Q: How do I enroll in Bill Pay?
A: It’s easy. Just log in to your account and click the "Bill Pay" link to access the short enrollment form.
Q: How do I start using Bill Pay?
A: The first step is to add a payee, the person or company you wish to pay. Here’s how easy it is:
- Log in to your account and click the "Bill Pay" link.
- Click the "Add a Payee" button on your home page dashboard.
- Enter the requested information. Typically this information can be found on your latest bill statement.
- Once you add your payee, you can start making payments in seconds.
Q: How do I make payments?
- Find your payee on the payments dashboard.
- Enter the payment amount and date, then submit.
See a demo
Our interactive example page features chapters that covers different features, including:
- Pay a Bill
- Pay a Person
- Set up eBill
- Set up Payment Reminders
- Set Up Bill Pay Alerts
How it works
Q: How are online payments delivered?
A: Payments are sent one of two ways—electronically or by paper checks. The majority of payments are delivered electronically. Your payment information, such as your account number, is sent via secure transmission. All other payments are made by paper checks that are mailed via the U.S. Postal Service.
Q: Is Bill Pay secure?
A: Paying bills online is one of the safest ways to pay your bills. Bill Pay helps guard against identity theft from lost or stolen checkbooks, bills and statements. It also increases your privacy because only you can access your account information, account numbers and payment history. As a result, you maintain tighter control of your account with real-time access to your payments activity.
Q: How long does it take before my payment is received?
A: Generally, your payment is received within 2 to 7 days, depending on whether or not it is sent electronically or via paper check.
Q: How are the scheduled payments processed with Bill Pay?
A: Most scheduled payments are sent electronically and funds are withdrawn from your account on the payment date.
Q: What are the primary benefits of Bill Pay?
A: Here's a quick list of the many ways you can benefit from using Bill Pay.
- Save time. With Bill Pay, you can receive and pay your bills online, all in one place. That means no more visiting multiple websites to pay bills or trips to the post office to mail checks. In addition, smart features such as recurring payments allow you to automate regular bill payments.
- Save money. Paying bills online saves on postage, envelopes, late fees and checks. If you pay just 10 bills per month, you can easily save over $110.001 per year.
- Stay organized. Your payment history is stored in your online account, so you won't have to sort through paper receipts or visit multiple websites to access past transactions.
- Gain peace of mind. Paying bills electronically means no risk of mailed checks getting lost or stolen. Plus, you can stop worrying about missing a bill payment when you set up reminders and automated recurring payments.
- Help the environment by saving paper. With Bill Pay, there are no checks to write or envelopes to mail. That's good news for you and the environment.
1 Savings are approximate and based upon the average annual cost of stamps, envelopes and checks required for paying 10 bills per month.