News and tips from Rio Grande Credit Union
- Dine on a Dime: Chile-Honey Chicken and Sweet Potatoes with Chive Yogurt Sauce
For the average home cook, preparing a satisfying meal always has three considerations: budget, time, and taste. Check out this special Dine on a Dime recipe featured in The Bite. .
- 8 Ways to Boost Your Mood Without Spending a Penny
Everybody loses their happy every now and again, and we’ve got ways to get yours back that don’t involve retail therapy. Check it out!
- Is There an End to Credit Card Debt
Have you totaled up your credit card debt recently? Did it make you want to go hide in a corner? That’s not going to fix the problem, but we’ve got plans that will help!
- If Inflation is Improving, Why Are Prices Still So High
Have you heard that inflation is dropping? If you’re doing anything from shopping for a house or car to buying your breakfast supplies, you might think that’s a bad joke. Here’s the lowdown!
- Reinventing Your Professional Self
Is your career just not turning out to be as awesome and amazing as you thought it would be? Time to make a change? We’ve got tips to help you make the jump without pain.
- 7 Ways to Save on Thanksgiving Costs This Year
Thanksgiving doesn’t have to chew a hole in your budget! We’ve got great tricks to cut costs dramatically.
- Don’t Get Caught in a FAFSA Scam
It’s that time of year when wrestling with FAFSA forms is every student’s least-favorite sport. But watch for scammers offering to help make the process easy … for a fee!
- Green Cleaning Solutions for Your Home
We’ve got DIY cleaning hacks that actually work, will save you big money and keep harmful chemicals out of your home environment. Check it out!
- How To Donate Your Unwanted Items
“Giving back” can take many different forms, so if you don’t have a monetary donation in your budget right now, it’s the perfect time to clean out your closet and see how your unwanted items can make a difference — for those in need, and for yourself! Here’s how.
- Should I Use Cash, a Debit Card or Credit Card While on Vacation
What’s the best way to pay for your vacation? Is it cash, debit, credit cards or a combination of all three? We’ll help you come to a sound decision.
- 12 Tips for Creating a Winning Holiday Plan for Your Business
Is your business ready for the holiday season? There are a lot of details to get together! Fortunately, we’ve done all your organizing for you.
- Beware Third Party App Scams
Do you use Zelle, Venmo or another payment app? Some of the latest scams involve victims being tricked into revealing personal info or allowing access to their phones. We’ve got help!
- Dine on a Dime: Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole
We all know the best part of Thanksgiving is the leftovers. Why not use them all in one easy meal?
- A Beginner’s Guide to Credit Cards
Sometimes it seems like the world revolves around credit cards, so knowing how to use them right and protect your credit score is really important. We can help you learn how!
- 7 Ways to Cut Back on Amazon Spending
Is Amazon taking up a bigger portion of your budget than it ought to? Does the driver consider you one of his regulars? We can help you kick the habit … or at least make it cost less!
- Holiday Shopping Hacks
It’s time for your holiday shopping! This is going to be a very challenging year in the stores and online, but we can help! Read our holiday shopping guide for great tips and advice!
- How to Find the Best Deal On An Auto Loan
Other than buying a home or perhaps investing in a college education, buying a car will likely be one of your most expensive purchases. Here's some info to help!
- Don’t Get Spooked by One of These Scams This Halloween
It’s Halloween, and while the spooks and scares (and candy) are tons of fun, the real-life scams that will scare you out of your money aren’t. Let us help you stay safe!
- Tips for Effectively Resolving Workplace Conflicts
How you handle workplace conflict can mean the difference between a productive work environment and storm clouds over every door. We can help make it the former!
- 8 Super Scary Halloween Hacks to Save You Money
Sure, we all love Halloween, but you might not be loving how much it can cost! We’ve got tips and hacks to let you pull off your Halloween decor on the cheap.
- How Mortgage Debt Impacts Your Credit
Owning a home can help you build wealth — some homeowners’ net worth is 40x that of renters. But you still want to tread carefully w/ mortgage debt. Buying more house than you can afford is a recipe for trouble.
- All You Need to Know About Personal Loans
A personal loan can be your ticket to quick cash, whatever you want to use the money for! The rate will be higher, but RGCU can offer you some of the best rates, so get the details!
- Dine on a Dime: Lazy Lasagna
This easy, budget-friendly recipe is the overworked parent’s best friend. Sure to be a crowd pleaser, and popular with orange cats!
- Strategies for Overcoming Financial Stress
The economy is facing some tough times right now, and you’re probably feeling the pinch. So how do you build financial resilience? We’ve got some ideas that might help.
- Credit Card Debt: The Best Debt Repayment Methods
Credit card debt can feel impossible — but you don’t have to let what you owe run your life. Here are some steps you can take today to reduce and eliminate your credit card debt once and for all.
- How to Save on Entertainment Costs While on Vacation
Entertainment costs while vacationing can take a big bite out of your budget, but with a little planning ahead you can have fun while keeping your wallet closed. Let us help!
- Don’t Get Caught in a Debt Collection Scam
Debt collection scams are one of the perennial crimes that are always after your money, but we can help you steer clear of the scammers!
- The Ins and Outs of Student Debt
Student debt can be a burden when it comes to your monthly budgets, but it can also be an amazing financial tool to help build credit and grow financial responsibility. Here’s how.
- All You Need to Know About the New Income-Driven Repayment Plan for Student Loans
Yes, student loan repayment is back, but it’s not all doom and gloom. A new income-driven repayment plan is bringing forgiveness for many and relief for many more.
- 6 Ways to Prepare Your Business for Q4
Coming into the final quarter of the year can be a nervous time, but if you have a plan set out you’ll handle things smoothly. Let us help you with that!