News and tips from Rio Grande Credit Union
- Credit Unions Make a Difference
International Credit Union Day is October 21, a time to reflect on the way credit unions contribute to a brighter future by working to improve members’ financial well-being.
- Social Security Administration Announces a 5.9 Percent Benefit Increase in 2022
The increase is based on a cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) and is set to begin for Social Security beneficiaries in January 2022.
- It’s Time to File Your 2022-23 FAFSA Form
If you’re a high schooler applying to college, a college student, or their parent, it’s time to fill out the 2022-23 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. Unfortunately, scammers know it’s that time of year again, too
- Don't Get Spooked By One of These Scams This Halloween
The Halloween season is upon us! And while the spooks and scares (and candy) are tons of fun, the scams that will scare you out of your money aren’t. Let us help you stay safe!
- Dine on a Dime: Slow Cooker Root Beer Barbecued Pork
Dust off the slow cooker and let it do the work for you this Labor Day weekend!
- Dine on a Dime: Maple-Mustard Chicken Thighs
Sweet, savory and simple - it doesn't get better than this!
- 6 Steps to Crushing Debt
Are you buried under a pile of debt and convinced you’ll never dig out? All it takes is time, budgeting and organization to get you there.
- There's a New Kind of Social Media Influencer
These days, there’s a new kind of social media influencer. But instead of promoting clothing lines and lifestyle products, they promote fraud.
- How Many Credit Cards Should I Have?
Just how many credit cards should you have? While the answer is a little twisty, we have some tips that could help you boost your score!
- 21 Ways to Celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month
National Hispanic Heritage Month is observed annually from Sept. 15 through Oct. 15. Join in the festivities with these 21 ways for celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month.
- The FTC Warns Against Extortion Scams on LGBTQ+ Dating Apps
Looking for love on LGBTQ+ dating apps? Scammers are at the ready too.
- Credit Cards - Find Your Favorite for Fall (and Holiday) Spending
Before the spending season begins, it may not be a bad idea to re-assess your current card.
- Dine on a Dime: Creamy Slow-Cooker Mexican Chicken
Easy, low-cost and tasty. Try this Creamy Slow-Cooker Mexican Chicken this National Hispanic Heritage Month!
- Steer Clear of Back-to-School Scams
Whether you’re a college student prepping for the fall semester, a high school student getting ready for a new school year or the parent of a student of any age, beware these trending back-to-school scams!
- Dine on a Dime: Grilled Chicken Pitas
Now’s the perfect time to hit up your favorite farmer’s market for summertime veggies. Put them to use on the barbequed favorite with this Dine on a Dime meal.
- What to Buy and What to Skip in August
With a real back-to-school time coming this year, what should you be shopping for besides pencils and notebooks? Here's what to buy and what to leave on the shelf!
- All You Need to Know About Auto Loans
Are you looking for a new set of wheels? Here's our complete guide to help you find the best loan!
- How Much Money Should I Keep in My Checking Account?
Every swipe of a debit card, every bill we pay and every personal check we write takes money out of our checking account. But, how much money should we be keeping in these super-convenient accounts?
- Why It's Important to be Financially Fit
You give your abs a daily workout, but are you neglecting those money muscles? Here’s why being financially fit is super-important and how you can overcome common barriers to financial wellness.
- How to Save on Wedding Costs
Did you know the average U.S. wedding costs $28,000? That’s a lot of money to spend on one event!
- Scam Alert: Fraudulent Phone Calls
Recently, Rio Grande Credit Union members have reported receiving fraudulent phone calls from someone claiming to be a representative from RGCU.
- Is Now a Good Time to Sell Your Home?
Do all the stories about houses selling for far above asking price, sometimes within hours of hitting the market, have you thinking about selling? We have the pros and cons!