News and tips from Rio Grande Credit Union
- Don’t Get Caught in an Auto Warranty Scam
Auto warranty scams are more than just a hopeless nuisance – they can spell financial disaster to the unwary consumer. Here’s what you need to know about these exasperating scams and how to stay safe.
- 5 Ways to Communicate More Effectively at Work
Effective communication helps reduce misunderstandings, fosters a positive workplace vibe, encourages productive collaboration and helps prepare team members for challenging situations the company may experience. Here are five ways to communicate more effectively at work.
- How to Save on Landscaping
Here are 10 creative ways to save on landscaping, so you can have your well-tended lawn and your budget, too.
- Filing Taxes When You’ve Had a Life Change
If you went through anything out of the ordinary in 2022, here’s a rundown of what to consider as you (or your tax professional) prepare to file.
- Dine on a Dime: Easy Sloppy Joes
You can’t go wrong with Sloppy Joes! A hearty, delicious dinner for long winter nights. Here's an easy to make, inexpensive recipe that everyone will love!
- Women Pioneers in Finance
Because March is Women’s History Month, we’re taking a moment to reflect on many of the important contributions women have made to society. At Rio Grande Credit Union, we’re proud to be a part of the nationwide celebration of women.
- Taxes 2023: Deductions You May Not Know About (But Should Be Taking)
Combining certain tax strategies with routine planning and other opportunities such as charitable gifting can help to maximize deductions. Here are some tax moves to keep in mind for every year.
- Save Money When Shopping Online
Wise spending is important. With huge parts of life still happening on your screen, for many, this means saving on online shopping. Here are some tips for saving money when shopping online.
- Don’t Get Caught in a P2P Scam
P2P platforms, like Zelle, Venmo and PayPal, have made life so much easier for many. Unfortunately, P2P scams are rampant and varied. Here are six P2P scams to beware of.
- How to Prepare for Next Year’s Tax Season Now
Taxes on your mind? Use this guide to help prep for this year and next, so you can sail through tax season as quickly as possible.
- Beware Romance Scams
With online dating becoming more popular, America's most expensive scam is on the rise. Don’t be the next victim of a romance scam! Here’s all you need to know.
- Three Reasons Why You Should Always Pay More Than the Minimum
Here are some important reasons why you should always pay more than the minimum due on your credit card.
- 28 Ways to Celebrate Black History Month
How can you celebrate Black History Month? We challenge you to do one thing for Black History Month on each of the 28 days of February.
- How to Make a Vacation Budget you Can Keep
This year, attack your vacation with a financial plan that you can actually keep by following the tips outlined here.
- What to Buy and What to Skip in February 2023
Are you looking to snag some bargain buys this month? We’ve got you covered!
- Why is Money so Emotional
While our finances can stress us out, there are ways to take control.
- Dine on a Dime: Romantic Valentine’s Dinner
Having a steak dinner doesn’t have to cost a fortune. Wow your Valentine's Day date this year with this easy, inexpensive recipe.
- Combining Finances and Talking to Your Spouse or Partner about Money
Money can be a challenging subject to bring up with your life partner. But despite how uncomfortable talking about our finances may make us feel, the discussions eventually have to happen.
- 5 Ways to Save on Workplace Lunches
Save some money on workplace lunches by brown-bagging it and beyond.
- Parenthood: How Children Change Your Financial Picture
Becoming a new mom or dad means taking on many new responsibilities. Here’s a look at some of the best ways to financially approach a new bundle of joy.
- Watch out for Tax Scammers
It’s tax season, and scammers are working overtime to get your money. Here are some red flags to know you are dealing with a scammer.
- Money Fights & How to Avoid Them
Here’s a look at some of the best ways couples can successfully navigate financial issues together.