Commercial Construction & Building
Make your expansion dreams a reality with Rio Grande Credit Union
As your business grows, you may find yourself in need of a commercial construction loan. If you want to purchase, develop or build a commercial property, we have the financing you need with the flexible options and competitive rates. We offer commercial real estate construction loans to build retail stores, office buildings, manufacturing facilities, multi-family residences, acquisition and development for Single Family residences, storage facilities, and more.
A commercial construction loan is a way to get a business line of credit for the purpose of construction or renovation of a commercial building. This line of credit can be used to purchase land, develop land, renovate existing properties, as well as pay for labor and construction materials. Our streamlined construction-to-long-term financing process plus competitive rates will save you time and money while your business is in expansion mode.
Construction Loan Details
- Borrow funds up to a predetermined amount to acquire land and to construct owner-occupied buildings or investment property
- Interest only payments on the outstanding balance
- Ability to convert to a permanent term loan when construction is complete
- Specific terms and conditions tailored to fit the individual needs of the business or investor.
- Competitive rates and terms vary according to loan size and loan-to-value ratio.
Benefits of a commercial construction loan
- Finance commercial buildings from $250,000 to $2,000,000
- Construction of office, industrial, warehouse, retail or multi-family properties
- 25% minimum equity requirement
Let's build something together
Don't wait - get in touch with us today!
What Do I Need?
How Commercial Construction Loans Work
Commercial construction loans work a little differently than most other loans. During loan approval, the borrower and commercial lender will set up a draw schedule. Each milestone is part of the draw schedule, for example, the first draw would be for land development. Sequential draws would be pouring the foundation, framing the building, and so on. Inspections are usually required before the next draw is released. Borrowers are only charged interest on the portion of the loan that has been drawn.
Commercial Lending Consultation
We are proud to help local businesses with their business needs. We strive to make the process as simple and fast as possible while providing great rates. We will help you determine your optimum financing needs and options.
To help expedite the process, please prepare the following documents:
- Current business profit and loss statement and a balance sheet.
- Must current two years tax returns, business and personal, on any individual with 20% or more ownership.
- Personal financial statement on any individual with 20% or more ownership.
- Two years projections on any business less than two years old.
- Debt schedule listing all business and personal debts including balances and payments.
- Articles of incorporation and corporate bylaws for corporations.
- Articles of organization and operating agreement for LLCs.