Building a foundation for overall employee wellness
Financial Wellness for Employees by Rio Grande Credit Union fosters confidence and stability, reduces worry and stress, and promotes healthier, happier lives — at work and beyond.
Your employees want financial advice on more than just retirement.
Their paycheck is the basis for their entire financial life. So how do they make the most of it? With guidance on how to take charge of their income today while saving for the future.
Financial Wellness for Employees by Rio Grande Credit Union is designed so that with a single corporate wellness program, each of your employees can learn to take the single best next step to financial success. And then keep going.
A free program. A real partnership.
Financial wellness programs for employees aren’t always free, but ours is – for both employers and employees. So much for the old “you get what you pay for” rule. And here’s why.
This effective and easy-to-administer program is customized to fit your company’s needs:
- We begin by working with you to uncover the particular financial concerns your employees may have overall.
- We tailor a series of on-site events where RGCU Financial Coaches address your employees' common money questions.
- We provide multiple one-on-one coaching events at your workplace, and we're available to participate in your corporate wellness events.
- We provide you with additional marketing resources, including communication templates and a quarterly newsletter, to encourage your employees to take full advantage of this valuable new benefit.
Money without regrets
Welcome to Financial Wellness for Employees by Rio Grande Credit Union, a free program of financial education and benefits that teaches you how to make good financial decisions. And feel confident about money.
Let's do more together
We believe that anyone can be financially successful. Financial Wellness for Employees by RGCU is a program, sponsored by your employer, to help you live a financially successful life. We’ll help you get to know where you’re at financially, where you’d like to be and the steps you need to take to get there. Helping you secure a bright financial future is our highest goal.
Enjoy the perks
Financial Wellness for Employees by RGCU is a three-tiered program in which all the pieces work together for maximum results.
Financial education, coaching and planning:
- Free financial coaching and education you can schedule right where you work
- Exclusive on-demand financial education modules to help you improve your financial life, build savings, cut spending and get on track to accomplishing your financial goals.
- Zogo™, a custom mobile app designed to give you educational tips to help you improve your knowledge of finances.
- $50 Gift Card1 when you open a checking account with a debit card, online banking and e-statements
- $50 Gift Card2 with your next loan from Rio Grande Credit Union
- Rio Grande Rewards you can earn one point with every $1 spent on your Rewards credit card, or $4 spent with your debit card.
- Points from debit and credit card spending are automatically pooled, increasing your redemption power.
- Redeem your reward points for travel, merchandise, gift cards, or cash back!
- No hoops to jump through. No minimum number of transactions or balances required. The more you use your card, the more you get back. Period.
What you can expect
- Switching to Rio Grande Union can save you serious money. The average member household saves money every year, but when you bundle your mortgage, checking account, and other services with RGCU, those savings jump
- Beyond the numbers, you can expect to see gradual changes in your relationship with money and financial decisions. Strategy and planning will replace impulse when you buy and borrow. And that internal voice that regrets some financial decisions will disappear.
- If that sounds good, why not join us and your fellow co-workers in Financial Wellness for Employees by RGCU.
1 Offer valid to new members only. One checking account per member. New checking accounts only. Minimum to open Zia Checking account is $25. Primary Savings account required to have Zia Checking. Primary Savings account: minimum to open $5. To receive the gift card bonus, a checking account with a Visa Debit Card, online banking and e-statements must be opened and remain active for 2 months. gift card bonus will be provided within 30-60 days. Offer is subject to change and/or termination at any time at the sole discretion of Rio Grande Credit Union.
2 Offer valid to new members only. To receive the gift card, any loan, line of credit, or mortgage must be opened within 30 - 60 days of the account opening. Offer subject to change without notice. Offer is subject to termination at any time at the sole discretion of Rio Grande Credit Union.
Happy employees are more productive
Financial Wellness for Employees by Rio Grande Credit Union is a free program of financial education and benefits that teaches your employees to make good financial decisions. And feel confident about money.
What HR Professionals think
A recent survey* indicated they think that personal financial issues have considerable impact on employee performance:
- 47% said it harmed the ability to focus on work
- 26% said it hurt overall productivity
- 24% said it increased absenteeism
- 20% said it harmed employee morale
- 46% said it increased overall stress
- 12% said it decreased overall health
What employees think
And in another recent survey** employees agreed:
- 24% say personal finances have been a distraction at work
- 39% say they spend more than 3 hours a week thinking about or dealing with financial issues at work
- 48% feel stress when dealing with finances
- 20% use credit cards for monthly necessities they can’t otherwise afford
What Rio Grande Credit Union thinks
We believe that anyone can be financially successful. And that the way to get to financial success is through informative, engaging, motivating educational programs like Financial Wellness for Employees by RGCU.
Read more about why we’re the ideal partner to add value to your benefits, show your employees you care about their financial wellness, help them deal with financial stress. And help you grow productivity.