A checking account that pays money market rates - AND rewards.
Looking for a checking account that pays you what money market accounts at other institutions pay? With Zia Checking, you’ll earn dividends on balances over $500. You’ll receive all the access you would expect to have with a premier checking account, plus some unexpected benefits.
If you maintain an average balance of $500, or if you are age 55 or older, we’ll waive the $7 monthly maintenance fee.
- Rewards with no hoops. Redeem for cash back, purchase rebates, gift cards, merchandise or travel.
- Make the Change. Round up your debit transactions and watch the savings add up.
- Cell phone protection. Pay your cell phone with your debit card and get up to $500 protection against theft or damage
Bank anywhere. Anytime.
- Enjoy nearly 30,000 fee-free ATMs
- Check your balance, view transactions, and manage your account 24/7 online or through Online & Mobile Banking
- Deposit checks right from your phone with mobile deposit
- Pay anyone, anytime with iPay
The Zia Checking Account requires a balance of $500 or the accountholder to be age 55 or older to avoid a monthly maintenance charge of $7.00.
Rewards and Perks
with Free Checking At Rio Grande Credit Union, you'll get free benefits you won't find at other institutions.
Earn 1 point for every $4 you spend with your Debit Card. It doesn't matter whether you enter your PIN or sign for the transaction. Redeem your points for gift cards, travel or turn them in for cash back!
Make the Change
Round up your debit card purchases to the nearest dollar. Sweep it to the savings of your choice!
Cell Phone Protection
Mobile phone protection—at no cost to you!
Rio Grande offers built-in cellphone insurance with all our debit cards. Simply pay your monthly cellphone bill with your RGCU debit card and receive up to $500 in protection (minus a $50 deductible) if your cellphone is damaged or stolen.
Debit Card Extras
Your RGCU Debit Card is Packed with powerful benefits. Things like:
- Price Protection - If you purchased an item with your debit card and see it advertised at a lower price within 60 days, you may get reimbursed for the difference.
- Extended Warranty - If you purchased an item with your debit card, you can extend a manufacturer’s warranty by up to one year.
- Purchase Security - Brand-new items purchased with your debit card can be covered in the event of vandalism, accidents, weather, and theft!
- Personal Identity Theft - If your identity is stolen, it can cost money to resolve it. You can be reimbursed up to $5,000 for the costs associated with recovery.
- And More!
|Effective Date: Friday, March 24th, 2023|
Checking account benefits. Money market rates.
|Less than $500||0.00%|
|$500 - $999.99||0.75%|
|$1,000 - $9,999.99||1.00%|
|$10,000 - $24,999.99||1.26%|
|$25,000 - $49,999.99||1.51%|
|$50,000 and Above||1.76%|
|Balance refers to Daily Average Balance. APY is an abbreviation of Annual Percentage Yield. All rates and APYs are subject to change without notice. Certain restrictions apply. Dividends are compounded monthly.|