Community Donations & Sponsorships
Building a better community
Rio Grande Credit Union is dedicated to supporting the communities it serves as well as the credit union philosophy of “People Helping People.” RGCU’s contributions to the community include monetary donations, donated items, and sponsorships as well as employee volunteer opportunities. Since RGCU is a member-owned financial institution, RGCU’s donation and sponsorship focus is on efforts that comprise its membership and advance its mission.
General Guidelines for Donation or Sponsorship Consideration
- The organization or event must directly benefit a significant portion of RGCU’s membership, the communities in which they live, or an RGCU Select Employee Group. However, statewide or national causes may also be considered.
- Requests for donations and sponsorships from RGCU members and Select Employee Groups may take priority over non-members.
- RGCU’s Marketing Department must receive a written request using the Donation Request form with supporting documentation (entry form or promotional material about the event/organization and a completed W-9 for the organization) for donations at least two months prior to the event for consideration.
- A completed W-9 form for the organization will be required for any approved donation before funds are disbursed.
Requests That Will Not Be Considered
- Donations or sponsorships of individuals, except in rare instances such as personal or family disaster.
- Specific political candidates or organizations tied directly to a political affiliation or effort.
- Individual teams or organizations that do not benefit a large segment of the community or membership.
- Organizations, events, or projects outside of the RGCU service area.
- Travel related requests, including trips, tours and conferences.
- Individual endeavors or needs. Examples are trips, beauty pageants and walk-a-thons.
- The direct benefit of fraternal, civic, social, or other such clubs
- Adult amateur sports teams or leagues.
- Traditionally parent-supported organizations (little leagues, scouts, etc.)
- Organizations that practice discrimination by race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, religion or national origin